Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Testing, Testing, Testing....This is a test....

Okay that's more like it! I got a 94% on the most recent test. It was a gimee filler test since a lot of the class was not doing so well. Even as a gimee test I still missed 3 out of the 56. I guess that is just the way it goes with these tests. Still I should not have missed any since she practically review every question on the test beforehand. So to my scanty readers I will bequeath those queries which prove my folly. (Fun words there.)

My wrong answer in red. Correct answer in blue.

9. Components of digital imaging include:
1. computer manipulation of the image
2. formation of an eletronic image on the radiation detector
3. formation of an x-ray image directly on the image receptor
A. 1 only C. 2&3 only
B. 1 & 2 only D. 1,2,&3

43. All of the following devices may be located on the typical x-ray unit control panel, EXCEPT a
A. mA meter C. timer
B. kVp selector D. filament ammeter

50. In the production of characteristic radiation at the tungsten target, the incoming electron
A. ejects an inner-shell tungsten electron
B. ejects an outer-shell tungsten electron
C. is deflected with resulting energy loss
D. is deflected with resulting energy increase

Here's a couple I got right.

18. If an AP hip technique required 92 kVp with single-phase x-ray equipment, what kVp would produce a comparable image with three-phase equipment?
A. 69 kVp C. 81 kVp
B. 75 kVp D. 103 kVp

29. With three-phase equipment, the voltage across the x-ray tube
1. drops to zero every 180ยบ
2. is 87 to 96% of the maximum value
3. is nearly constant potential
A. 1 only C. 1&2 only
B. 2 only D. 2&3 only

I'll leave those for you to answer in your comments if you like.

No comments: